Sunday, August 24, 2008

Annelisa's First 14er




Hello! Welcome to our virtual home away from home. After several months of postponement Annelisa and I finally decided to create our own little portal into cyberspace for all of your enjoyment. Although I have never been the technologically savvy one in this relationship, Annelisa has nevertheless charged me with the responsibility of this blog's creation and maintenance.

I must say upfront that if you are looking for a blog that will amuse and entertain you with cleverness and wit you may be a bit disappointed. Basically, we just want to share a little bit of our lives with you all. So, if you are looking for a blog that will keep you updated on all of Nate and Annelisa's adventures in Denver, then you have come to the right place.

That said, I would like to report on our first mountain climbing expedition together in the Colorado Rockies! Annelisa picked Mt. Sherman (14, 036 ft. above sea level, located just west of Fairplay, Colorado) for her first 14er summit attempt. Despite a pessimistic weather forecast it turned out to be a warm sunny day and we enjoyed a great climb surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in Colorado. No rare birds were sighted nor do I have any strange happenings to report. It was simply a beautiful day on a beautiful mountain with my beautiful wife. I couldn't have been happier. Hope you enjoy the photos...





6 comments:

Ann said...

Yippee! A great blog and good way to keep in contact. What beautiful pictures! I feel so priviledged to possibly be the first poster. Keep the pictures coming!

Mom (Ann)

Unknown said...

Hey!

I actually left two messages yesterday but neither turned up. Weird. Okay, so here I go again :)

I need to commission a blue and red wallet for Liam, Annelisa. State your price and I will gladly, happily, and thankfully pay for your artistic talent! Liam gets a library card when he learns to write both his first and last name, and according to him, he needs a wallet, and apparently, from you. He said so. I am more than happy to indulge him that way :)

Okay-- love the blog too. Can't wait to see pics of your place!

Annelisa said...

Yes! I would love to do that. Should I decorate anything special on it? Fire trucks? And no money, I am too happy to keep myself present in the mind of my nephew.

Unknown said...

He loves fire trucks, policemen, construction stuff or "Bobs" as he calls them, pirate ships, doctor stuff... really, anything you come up with he will adore because Aunt Anna-eesa made it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Also--what is your new phone number? Your old one, the only number I have memorized besides ancient 1034, seems to be disconnected?

Love you=== becca

From Mongolian Family said...

Huuuyeeee, what a nice couple. Good luck on your Adventure life journey my friend. Keep up good work with your blog continually. Catch u later.

Leanna said...

How fun your new blog! We're glad we'll be able to see what is happening with you guys in Colorado. Glad you had fun hiking...it looks so beautiful and peaceful way up there!