Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our New House


My how time flies. It has been almost a month since Annelisa and I moved out to the Mile High City to seek our fortune and start our new life together. When we first arrived, naturally the first order of business was to find a place to live. After four long days of searching, we finally found the perfect place: an old purple Victorian house on Detroit Street, three blocks south of Denver's beautiful City Park. The house had been converted into apartment units and it just so happened that the one available for rent was a small studio on the second floor with the huge balcony overlooking the street. The moment we set foot inside we both knew that it was the place we wanted to call home. After a quick tour of the apartment, we promptly drove to the management office in Lakewood and signed a year-long lease. This involved a desperate high-speed race across town to make it there before another girl who had toured the apartment with us and also wanted to rent the place. Suffice it to say that we got to the office just in the nick of time, only a few minutes before this other girl. She was a worthy opponent, but we wanted it more...and perhaps we had an unfair advantage because I knew my way around the streets of Lakewood (my hometown).

Anyways, to avoid getting bogged down in too many details, I will end the story there. Curiously, it doesn't seem nearly as exciting in writing as it does in my head. I apologize if that wasn't as entertaining for you to read as it was for me to write. At least we have some pretty pictures to spice up this blog entry...

We hope you'll come visit us in the old purple house on Detroit if you're ever passing through Denver!







9 comments:

janzenman said...

Seems lovely. You should just move out onto that balcony. There's plenty of room. Of course, that Denver winter may be a handicap, but Nate's from there; he probably doesn't even feel it.

Unknown said...

Love the new place! It is so cute. I love the cute girl in red too. Seriously, could she get any cuter? I think not. I think you guys did a great job on finding the best place in town!

Verlan Lewis said...

Nate, good job at not getting "boggled" down in the details of your first entry.

David said...

virtual portal!! haha, now that's what i'm talking about. i like what you guys have done with your personal balcony space and blog title. it looks like you've got a nice pic of the desk where i left my computer. i owe your for that one..literally.

BluBabes said...

Is that trademark "Pearl Marie" orange on those desk drawers?

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your new little place! I'm quite jealous of your porch. Hope you guys are doing well in Denver!

Kirsten said...

I can't belive your living so close to where you grew up. that place is soo dang cute. I need your adress, email me eddiethegirl@gmail.com

Jasie said...

Oh beautiful!! I'm glad you guys are blogging. I miss you so much! I need to come visit you soon.
loves.

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.