Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Nice Weekend in Denver

I had my final anatomy exams this past Monday. It feels good to have all of those long days in the cadaver lab behind me. Annelisa and I decided to celebrate by getting out and enjoying some warm October sunshine this weekend. Yesterday we hiked up to the cliffs on Table Mountain (near Golden) and did some rock climbing with a few friends. It turns out that Annelisa is a much sturdier climber than I am. I think she climbed everything about twice as fast as me. Nonetheless, we all had a splendid time.

Then today after church we went for a bike ride around Denver. We made a big loop around the city, biking up to LoDo, then along the Platte River and Cherry Creek, out to Sloans Lake, and back home via 12th Ave through Cheesman Park. I took some nice photos of Annelisa with the downtown skyline in the background. She looks as beautiful as ever.

Annelisa in front of Union Station/Downtown

Biking around Sloans Lake

Annelisa climbing

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

"as beautiful as ever" is this blog about declaring your love for your partner or about what your up to? b/c all that corney romantical stuff makes me want to puke ;)
love u both

Unknown said...

This blog is getting stale. How about some new content?

jendar said...

i love your blog. i love this post. i love you both. looking at these pics make me wonder why the heck am i in nyc??? i miss the mountains! i miss riding my bike! i miss hiking! anyhow, im glad to know that you both are doing well. i am too. i actually love nyc a lot. but i still miss the beauty and nature of the west.

Unknown said...

Hey, where are all the pretty Nate Christmas pictures? Me want.