Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yes She Can (marry him)

My dreams run a wide gambit. Scary, weird, boring, etc but rarely funny. Or at least they might be to me, but Nate never seems too impressed after I insist on recounting many long dreams each morning. Yes, I am one of those people. Sorry. However, this one got a hearty laugh from him this morning and I think is worth sharing:

It started out at home and I was just hanging out with the family. Melida had a new boyfriend but was being pretty secretive about him. Finally, through little hints she let it drop that they were pretty much engaged, but it had to be hush-hush because he kept a high-profile life. We were all pretty intrigued and tried to noodle the info out of her. Finally she let it spill that she dating.... Obama. The Obama. My family, on the whole, was impressed and congratulatory, but I had reservations. I didn't believe her. I kept telling her: "No way, Melida. No way. He's married and running for President and there's no way he would risk this scandal and I don't see how he would even have time for dating and this is too crazy and how would you even meet? Melida, hurt, said she could prove it. Then out came a wallet photo album of fun Obama/Melida times. I sputtered he was simply a look-alike but eventually felt I had to face the facts. My sister was dating Obama.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

obama has a large tumor growing out of his arm ;) that is awesome that you took the time to SHOW us ur dream. I tell andy my dreams, it's ok.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DOESN'T GET ANY FUNNIER

Megan said...

That dream just made my day! lol!

Shannon said...

I love Obama's half-a-pregnant-belly :)